Effective Date – 23 May 2018
Banijay UK Limited and Endemol Shine UK Limited (with registered offices at Shepherds Building Central, Charecroft Way, Shepherds Bush, London, W14 0EE UK) and any UK company within their group of companies including without limitation any affiliate or subsidiaries of those companies whose Company Services you engage with (Company or we) are the data controller of the personal data we collect from and about you through the Company Services and Research Tools.
For further information, please go to paragraph 1.
What kind of personal data do we collect about you?
We might collect data from and about you. In particular, the Company may collect (1) registration data, (2) public data and posts, (3) data that you have permitted social media to share with the Company and (4) activity data.
However, we do not collect either financial information from a payment service provider or sensitive data relating to you.
For further information, please go to paragraph 2
How do we use your personal data?
The main reason why we collect data about you is to provide you with Company Services, to analyse the Company Services and to allow you to interact with those services. In addition, with your prior consent, we can send you offers, promotions and marketing communications, also based on your personal preferences and habits.
For further information, please go to paragraph 3.
On what basis do we use your personal data?
Your personal data is mainly collected in order to provide you with Company Services. Your personal data is also necessarily collected to comply with legal obligations or to pursue the legitimate interests of the Company.
If you don’t provide the data we may not able to offer you the Company Services. When your personal data is collected for marketing purposes, you have the option not to provide the Company with your personal data.
For further information, please go to paragraph 4.
How do we process your personal data?
The security of your data is a priority for us. We have implemented adequate administrative, technical and physical measures designed to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure or modification.
For further information, please go to paragraph 5.
Who can access to your personal data?
We might share your personal data with: (i) service providers; (ii) our affiliated companies; and (iii) national authorities, when allowed by the applicable laws.
For further information, please go to paragraph 6.
Is your personal data transferred abroad?
Your personal data might be transferred to other countries within or outside the European Economic Area. We always make sure that appropriate and suitable safeguards compliant with applicable laws are in place to protect your personal data.
For further information, please go to paragraph 7.
What are your rights with regard to your personal data?
You have a number of rights with regard to your personal data and these include the right to access, complete, update, amend and delete your personal data.
For further information, please go to paragraph 8.
Retention period applying to your personal data
The personal data we collect is retained for only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that data is collected.
For further information, please go to paragraph 9.
How can I contact you with regard to the processing of my personal data?
You can contact us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
2. WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
The Company collects the following types of data from and about you:
1. Registration data is the information you submit to register for a Company Service (if made available by the Company), for example to create an account, post comments, receive a newsletter, or enter a contest. This data may include, for example, name, surname, email address, gender, country, postcode and age.
2. Public data and posts are comments or content that you post on the Company Services and publicly on other social media platforms and the personal data about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include a name, user name, comments, likes, status, profile information and picture. Public information and posts are always public, which means they are available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines.
5. Information from Other Sources. We may supplement the information we collect with information from other sources, such as publicly available information about your online and offline activity from social media services and commercially available sources. This may include information about the content of your social media posts (where they relate to our television programmes or products) and other demographic information such as your age range and general location.
6. Information from you. If you supply us with your contact information or any other information as part of any customer support we provide you with or if you make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to the Company we will collect that too. We do not collect:
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
4. ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
5. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process your personal data through both electronic and manual means. It is protected by adequate security measures, taking into account the state of art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purpose of processing as well as the risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals. In particular, we use appropriate administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard personal data of yours in the Company’s possession against loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure or modification.
6. WHO CAN HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may share your personal data for the purposes set out in Paragraph 3 to the following categories of recipients located within the European Union or outside of the European Union in compliance with and within the limits of the provisions of Paragraph 7: a) Third party service providers entrusted with processing activities and duly appointed as processors when required by applicable laws e.g. cloud service providers, other entities of the group, providers of services instrumental to or supporting the Company Service including for companies that provide IT services, experts, consultants, lawyers and companies resulting from possible mergers, demergers, or other transformations; b) Company Affiliates in their capacity as data controllers or data processors; c) Business partners after your prior consent, the Company may share your personal data with business partners operating in the sectors named within that specific consent to permit them to send you marketing communications; and d) Competent authorities in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations. The Company may use a third party to send you marketing emails (if you have opted in to receive them). In those circumstances that third party is our data processor and we have procedures in place with that third party to ensure your personal information is protected.
7. IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED ABROAD?
Your personal data may be transferred to other countries (including countries other than where you are based that have a different data protection regime than the one existing in the country where you are based). If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), this may include countries outside of the EEA and in particular the United States. You can find the list of member states by clicking on the following link: https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries/member-countries_en. We have adopted appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data regardless of where it resides. Further information can be provided by filing a request to the Company as in Paragraph 11 of this Privacy Notice.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
9. RETENTION RIGHTS
11. CONTACT US